Thursday, September 12, 2019

BLOG CHALLENGE DAY #12

Blog Challenge Day #12

How do you work while traveling?

How do I not work when traveling?  I work all the time as my friends and family will tell you.  I own my own business so I am on call all the time.  I have done projects and taken phone calls in the ER, while I had meningitis in the hospital, at Disney World in the middle of the parade, on the beach in Bermuda.  My work never ends.  I work my travels around my work essentially.  I can do 95% of my work from a cellphone and a computer with wifi.  I don't have to be face-to-face so that makes traveling much easier.  When I travel I am more concerned with my laptop than my clothes.  I can replace clothes!

****************************************************************************

Update on yesterday's blog post:

It is 3:34 and I have not had the TV on except for 15 minutes while I ate breakfast and lunch.  I will be honest, it is driving me crazy.  I am getting some of the items done on my list from yesterday.  I got an emergency vet appointment for Happi this morning so my morning was taken up with getting Happi in her harness, in the car, sitting down in the car, driving to the vet, walking to the vet office, subsequently carrying her to the office and the appointment.  Happi is fine.  I was worried because one of Happi's eyes looks bigger than the other.  I am not sure if it is the eye ball or the eye socket or the darkness around her eye.

But her left (looking at her) eye seems bigger.  The doctor checked her out and said she has no glaucoma or eye infection or other eye issues and maybe it is her allergies.  He also checked her ears as best as he could but she is a wiggler.  She is fine.  She gained weight to 22.5 lbs.  All good signs.  I also got her nails trimmed today instead of Monday when she had an appointment with Lucky.  So now she doesn't have to go back in the car.  Since the car accident she hates the car.  I can't blame her.

Then I came home and got to work.  It is 90 degrees here so I didn't want to go for the walk I was planning.  So that came off the list at least for now.  I got the dreaded work item done.  That took a bulk of this afternoon.  But I kept to my agreement of no TV.  It has been hard.  I usually have the TV on in the background and the silence is deafening. 

At 6:30 pm I gave in and turned the TV on.  I could not take the silence anymore.  Plus I was bored and hot.  Lucky was being a pill, she hates the hot weather.  She was growly and whiny. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!