Saturday, January 19, 2013

TIRES, MOVIE AND ZOKU

This morning we got up and went to get tires for my car. They needed them badly. I have been trying to decide whether I am buying a new car or keeping it a bit longer. Since I just put in a new clutch, I am keeping it a bit longer. I love my car but it is 10 years old. It only has 56,000 miles on it and it is in really good condition. So today I put new tires on it. I did not buy the most expensive or longest lasting. Not sure I need 60,000 miles of tread. At the rate I drive that would be 2023!

We went to a place that is next to a movie theater and timed it so we would be finishing up ordering the tires just in time to see Broken City. It was an action packed movie with Mark Wahlberg. I thought it was really good. I know it got mixed reviews but I liked it. When the movie was done the car was done.

Just one little bump, I forgot to give the service guy my lug nut key so I had to call him and have him search the car to look for it. For those of you who don't know what a lug nut key is, it locks the lug nuts on your tires so someone can't steal the tires off your car. Once I took the car in and didn't have the key and they could not take the tire off.

When we got home I decided to make Zoku pops! This time I made pineapple with blueberries. I took a small amount of sugar and water and boiled them to dissolve the sugar. Then I took cut up fresh pineapple and put the sugar water and pineapple in the blender. I made a frothy mix. I put a few half pieces of blueberry in the Zoku and then poured in the pineapple. I put some more pieces of blueberry half way through. I had one stick that went in crooked and I could not get it out. I had to let it defrost to get the stick out. Lesson learned: the stick must be in the Zoku level. The pop is delicious. Lovin the Zoku!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!