Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Now I am usually an upbeat, silver lining kind of person. But today just got me down. I kept trying to find the silver lining.

The day started out okay. I won a court case, I had to get a car towed that was parked in my driveway and the towing company came in record time and was polite. Maybe that should have been a sign. A sign that the day would go a little downhill from there.

The guys came to move and install the parts on my hot tub. I have been waiting all week. The guys show up and immediately begin telling me "no, it can't be moved to that spot." "it is filled with bacteria and you could get sick from it", "I would not use it." "You should buy a new hot tub", "Your platform is rotted", "Your hot tub wood is rotted". And on and on.

I finally got them to move the hot tub to the desired location and it is barely an inch off center. He was telling me it would be so tilted the water would run out. I had them rinse it out and it wasn't as bad looking once it got rinsed out. The platform was another story. They lifted it and there were live animals under it (they said). I had them put it back down and I will deal with that later. He didn't install any of the new equipment since it was so dirty. I was really upset and called the company. They assured me that he is a delivery guy and doesn't know what he is talking about and that they clean them and disinfect them thoroughly.

Then they called about my car. A new clutch! Of course the car is 10 years old and has 52,000 miles on it so I guess it is time for a new clutch. But that hurt. I can get my car tomorrow.

Then I took something to a client's office and they told me to park in their white zone. I came out and there was a ticket for $98. Their own people called parking enforcement on me! Geez!

At that point I went home and told Brenda we were getting take out food. I didn't want to be near an open flame!

I guess it is just one of those days where a bunch goes wrong. I guess I could look at it like this:

At least I have a hot tub and they can clean it out.

At least I wasn't driving when the clutch went out and I didn't get stranded somewhere. Last time I had a clutch go out on me it was on the Long Island Expressway in traffic in the summer and I could not change gears. I kept it in first and just went real slow. I got it to my Dad's house and then the next day I drove it to my uncle's garage very early in the morning in order to miss the traffic on the Island. My Uncle fixed it for me. That was my old Ford Mustang II. I loved that car!

At least they didn't tow the rental car. That would have been hard to explain.

See silver lining!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of those days when you just want to go back to bed and start over! What a bummer about your hot tub (at least it can be fixed) and your car and the ticket--sheesh. I hope today is a lot better for you, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!