Wednesday, January 2, 2013

INTERNET ISSUES

I am sure I have written about my Internet issues before. In the past six months my Internet speed has dropped significantly. We can't have two things on at the same time. Like our digital photo frame and an iPad uploading a Netflix movie simultaneously.

Last week I put a plan in place. First I needed to find a new Internet provider. I found a small company that has a fast speed. I didn't want to switch to cable. I don't like to have all my services with the same company. Plus cable Internet is notoriously expensive and sometimes slow. I found what seems like a good company.

Second, I want to switch my email addresses to a new domain. I am buying my own domain name so I never have to switch emails again. I know I could use a gmail or hotmail but those have problems and I want an email that is my own. I have had my current emails addresses for more than 20 years. I had to figure out a domain I liked. Still in process...

After all that I have to switch over my email address. This is the most daunting task. If you are like me, you have a hundred website accounts: iTunes, amazon, Target, the bank, Costco, etc. Then notifying all my friends and family about an email change. I doubt there is some sort of email forwarding if you change emails!

I know this has nothing to do about my health but making this, change will alleviate my stress when I do blog postings and Brenda is watching a movie!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!