Friday, April 29, 2022

GOT TO TALK TO DOCTOR

Trigger alert: if medical things make you queasy you might want to skip this post.

I woke up this morning to bloody pee. Yes, my bloody pee. Also horribly painful pee. I called the doctors office as soon as they opened and they fit me in later that morning. When I arrived I checked in and the person at the front desk asked me for my co-pay. Then she said "I see you still have an outstanding co-pay but I guess I won't bring that up.  I heard you the other day.  I don't want you to hit me." WTH? I paid my co-pay. 

I saw the doctor (which was a surprise since I thought I was seeing a physician asst) and she talked to me. Yes, it seemed like a UTI. They ran a test that I will hear about on Monday. She gave me antibiotics and a magic medicine that numbs the area and makes your pee turn florescent orange. 

Then I told her what happened to me over the last few visits. How the office manager trapped me in her office to chastise me for not paying my co-pay, the front person asking if I was going to hit her and then not showing me empathy when I was crying. She seemed appalled. I took responsibility for my part of being upset and in pain and not myself. She said her HR person was out that day but she assured me she would be following up. She did not want me to leave her practice and was upset I would even think that way. I felt better that I spoke up. 

Then I came home and my nice dog walker went and got my prescription at the pharmacy where no one is wearing masks again. 

Today there was an article in The Washington Post about how more vaccinated immunocompromised folks are getting COVID now with this strain. Many are ending up in the hospital. 

I spent the rest of the day watching TV, drinking water and peeing. Fun times! 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Florescent pee compound could be a new kind of party favor. Hey I got yellow, wow I have green, far out, I love the blue. Put them all together in a bowl and make it like spin the bottle. Look at that, we may already be millionaires with an idea like this for certain.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!