Saturday, January 15, 2022

VEGAN CHILI AND CORNBREAD

My day started out with a tsunami alert when I woke up this morning. That was a bit of a shock. Everything is fine now. My thoughts are with the Kingdom of Tonga and their people. 

A few years ago I met some people from Tonga when my neighbor worked on a documentary about Tonga. He invited me over to his house to meet them. They were so interesting and told stories and performed. I hope they are okay 

Then I spent time talking to my sister-in-law about storage options. She is so great about organizing. I chose an option I think will work. I need something to put my baking stuff in. I am overloaded with cooking and baking items. 

Then I tried to return a sweatshirt I accidentally bought from Amazon. I thought I bought the long sleeved T-shirt. Amazon gave me money back and told me to keep the sweatshirt. After all the money I spend at Amazon I guess I got a bonus. Ha ha. 

Then I talked to my friend about redecorating my kitchen. Not painting but changing up my pictures. She is an artist and helps me with these things. 

I made chili and cornbread for dinner. I needed a comfort meal today. It has three types of beans. 
I put some vegan cheese on it to eat it. 

I got some sad and unexpected news today. My step aunt passed away in her sleep. I am not sure it has hit me yet. She lived close to me but because of COVID I haven't seen her in over two years. She had her moments when she was awful funny and caring. I know she loved me because she told me and I told her. 

Until tomorrow.. 

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl and I extend our sympathy to you and your family on the passing of your aunt. Also. yes, the people of Tonga have been in our constant thought today.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!