Saturday, January 22, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 Lucky and I went for a walk and met some neighbors to have distanced catch-ups. I found out my next door neighbor is having new windows installed soon. Lucky is used to our walk where we need to avoid people, so we go back and forth from sidewalk to sidewalk on different sides of the street. We weave in and out of parked cars to avoid people who have no masks on. I don't want to get too close to them. Most people are polite when they see me in a mask but some still walk too close. We try to walk on unpopulated streets but sometimes we need to mail a letter and that is a populated street at all hours. Lucky has favorite neighbors who she wants to visit because they give her treatos or lots of attention so she wants to walk certain directions. We do our best. 

I decided to plan out the Chocolate Chapter of the cooking course now that I have most of the ingredients. Today I made the most amazing Vegan Hazelnut-Cranberry Nougat Cups. They are dark chocolate cups (which I bought) holding a creamy filling made from vegan white chocolate, hazelnut paste, pistachios, cranberries, almonds, and cocoa nibs. Think of a creamier Ferrero Rocher candy. These are so decadent and creamy. I have eaten four already and I have to get them out of the house before I eat them all. It is like having a box of fancy candies in the house and you want to eat them all. 



I also met with my Arthritis group this morning virtually. We had two guests who did a mindfulness meditation and a RA yoga. It was nicer than I thought it would be. I have been to many of these things over the years and the yoga is always too hard on my joints for me to participate. I am not a huge fan of meditation because I just sit and make To-Do lists which is the opposite of what you are supposed to be doing. I went to four day retreat once where I did reiki, energy work, etc. I loved all of it but I was consistently told that I needed to relax. I am not good at relaxing. I have a constant dialogue running in my head. I enjoy this group a lot.

Until tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like we need to have the two guests your group had for our connect group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you are serious. I think they work with the arthritis foundation.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!