Saturday, January 8, 2022

AIR FRIED TOFU

 Today was a good day. The sun was shining and it was moderately cold. Cold for where I live. Practically beach weather for some places in the world. Lucky and I took a walk in the afternoon. I took her around the block and when we got to the house, she wanted to go further. So I let her go a little farther. Next thing I knew we were going around the block a second time. I am sure if she had it her way we would have gone for number three. Mostly I think she wanted our neighbor to be home to get some loving and some snacks. He is notorious for giving the dogs in the neighborhood lots of snacks and since Lucky is a never ending pit for snacks, he just keeps giving them to her. I have to make him stop and then he sneaks one more! He is a sweet man who lost his dog about 5 months ago. This was his third dog since I have known him. Dog number 2 he had only a short time. The dog was not good in our area and was moved to a farm with some nice people. He was too anxious with all the noise and people and it made him aggressive. He is now living a leisurely life on the farm. 

We took a walk (that was supposed to be short) after I participated in a Bharatanatyam virtual dance class. I took a live dance class years ago at a club and really enjoyed it. I wanted to go again but could not find anyone to go with me. Now that it is virtual I can do it myself and I don't care what I look like since my camera is off. I was a bit tired after the hour long dance class (we danced about 4,000 steps) but Lucky had different ideas. 

I decided to take out my barely used air fryer and make air fried tofu tonight. It is super easy to use. I make tofu cubes, put spices on them and threw them in the air fryer. It took three batches since I have the smallest air fryer. But it only takes 12 minutes for each batch. I washed all the dishes while it was cooking. The tofu tasted awesome and the clean up was a breeze. No oil to dispose of which is better for the environment. 


I ate it with my leftover cauliflower steak and roasted root veggies. A very tan but delicious dinner.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!