Wednesday, January 26, 2022

SCHEDULED COVID SHOT #4

 I started out this day with nothing on my calendar. I had the whole day free from appointments and things to do. Then the dam broke. 

First, I called the pharmacy about getting my 4th COVID shot. I called because people all around the country are reporting that they are having problems finding places that will give them the 4th shot. I called to ask and the pharmacist seemed puzzled as to why I was asking. He said there were no appointments for two weeks. Or at least that is what I thought he said. I went online and filled out the pages and there was an appointment on Friday, two days away. Either he mistakenly said weeks instead of days or I heard weeks instead of days. Either way, I am getting my 4th shot on Friday morning. Wish me luck. I am still nervous but cases of Omicron have really subsided here and I don't plan on being in the pharmacy for more than a few minutes. I will wait outside like I did last time. I already filled out the paperwork online. They are much more organized than they were for shot #3 when I was one of their first patients.

I did get good news about Lucky! She does not have a UTI. She is doing good. Little Miracle dog. I think the doctor calls them all Miracle dogs. I used to think he called Happi that as a special thing. Now I am not so sure.

I was already to bake something and then a work thing happened and I spent hours sorting that out. Plus I realized that I didn't have my new health insurance card so I had to print one out before I went to get my COVID shot. Next thing I knew it was dinner time. It was a weird day. I thought it was Thursday all day and kept thinking it was trash day. So confused. 

Tomorrow I have to get myself ready for the possibility that I may not feel well for a few days. I need to do some laundry and put fresh sheets on the bed. You know things that make you feel good. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I was at the grocery store and checked in to see if I could get a walk in. No room at the inn, for 8 days. So i walked around a bit and before I left I went to the counter and asked if there were any openings. Sure enough, I could have it that minute. So there I was in the chair getting the injection. Fortunate for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you could get your shot. It is so important. I wish everyone was as conscientious as you! Thank you. glad you are okay.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!