Sunday, January 9, 2022

NO POWER

 Today was going along nicely until this evening. I lost power. Not in the usual way. Half the house had power and half the house did not. I have never seen anything like it. When the power went out for a minute I thought UGH! then it came back on. Only some of it came back on. I thought a breaker or fuse or whatever blew so I went down to the electric box and started flicking things on and off. Nothing seemed to work. 

So, I called a neighbor who is smart about these things. He had me do a few more things but nothing worked. Then he suggested I call the electric company. I called another neighbor who I saw sitting in his living room with a light on. He told me there was a flash and then the electricity went off. Then all the power went off. I was in the dark. I got a text from the power company saying it would all be fixed by 10 pm. Then 12pm. Then 4am. 

Lucky and I moved downstairs since we could not watch TV. I watched a little TV on my phone and listened to my audiobook. I got to use my solar light that I bought during the last power outage and it worked great. All I do is leave it sitting near a window every day and then when the power went out it worked great. The only thing people don't think about is that the thermostat stops working when the electricity goes out so the heat doesn't work. It is going to be a cold night so Lucky is going to cuddled up with me.

I packed my medication in a Styrofoam cooler with ice packs so it wouldn't spoil. That should keep it until morning.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!