Monday, July 15, 2019

SKUNK ATTACK

Okay, it wasn't a skunk attack but it felt like an attack.  Here's what happened.

At 5 am I turned on the outdoor light and turned off the alarm to let Happi my dog outside.  I opened the door and exited first.  I got a blast of skunk mist in my face.  I pushed Happi back in the house and closed the door.  My theory is that when I turned the light on, it scared the skunk who was somewhere very close and it sprayed.  The spray was close enough that I got a face full.  It wasn't the direct spray with the oil and all, thank goodness.  But it was bad enough.  I waited a minute or so and let Happi out with me monitoring her.  She smelled the skunk and she ran down the steps, peed and and ran back inside.  I quickly took my clothes off and washed my face. I put my stinky clothes outside to air out. Unfortunately, the house now smelled like skunk.  I mean like SKUNK.  It was hard to tell if I still smelled like skunk or not because there was skunk everywhere. I put two fans on and hoped it would clear some of the smell out. I laid down and decided there was nothing I could do about it now anyway and I went back to sleep. 

When I woke up I took a shower and opened the windows.  The smell outside had dissipated so some clean air was much appreciated.  My sheets smelled fine so I didn't think I got it too bad after all.  My pajamas went straight in the washer.  I smelled Happi and she was as fresh as a dirty dog should be.  Lucky had not gone outside until the smell went away so she was good.  It took about three hours for the smell to clear out.  What a morning.  I am hoping that skunk has moved on and found another house to terrorize.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!