Friday, July 26, 2019

FINAL PIZZA PARTY

Today is the final full day of the family reunion.  A bunch of people are going on the boat to take the dogs out.  I opted to not participate.  I wanted to do other things.  I took a walk around and took photos, mailed a postcard and just hung out.  I ate lunch on the deck and organized my stuff.

I like that I have spent a bunch of the time relaxing and spending time with relatives that I have not seen in 8 years.  I wanted to make sure to connect with them so we can begin having a richer relationship moving forward. I want to see my other relatives too but I saw my brother B twice in the last few months.  I saw my brother E a few months ago.  I haven't seen my brother C but I connect with his family frequently over the phone and video.

I feel relaxed after five days and not stressed like I normally do at the end of these family gatherings.

The final pizza and alcohol gathering was fun for a while but I left to go pack.  I am not a big fan of group peer pressure to drink.  They all seemed to be having fun and I was not missed.  Plus I will be ready for my departure tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!