Thursday, July 18, 2019

LATEST UPDATE ON HAPPI

I spoke to Happi's regular doctor who is now back from vacation.  I explained to him about Happi's ear infection.  He said that from the notes, Happi's ear infection is not very bad and the medicine the doctor put in her ear should not be blocking her hearing.  All that said, the truth is that her hearing is going.  Or has gone already.  Happi is probably deaf.  I think this is very disconcerting and confusing for her.  The doctor says it is fairly common for dogs to lose their hearing when they get older but it can be very hard on them since dogs really rely on their hearing more than any other sense.  So we need to be much more careful around her since she can't hear.

I will have to have a long talk with my foster son about this new development.  It will be hard for him to understand.  He really likes Lucky so much since she is younger, fun and playful.  Happi is slow and old.   I want Happi to be around for as long as she is happy and comfortable. 

Happi sleeping with Lucky's toy monkey. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!