Monday, July 1, 2019

ORENCIA IS APPROVED

Well, it can be done!  I got a letter today stating that The-insurance-company-who-will-not-be-named has reconsidered and approved my appeal for Orencia.Orencia is a RA drug that is not a biologic like Enbrel.  I can not take Enbrel because I got meningitis while on Enbrel.  While I was researching my appreal, I found articles written about other people on biologic medicines who also got meningitis.  There was also another article that clearly stated that once a person got meningitis on a biologic, the person should never go back on that same type of biologic because the risk is too great.

Now I just have to wait for the doctor to send the prescription to the pharmacy and Voila!  I will be on Orencia.  I just have to see what the co-pay for this drug is going to be.  But today I celebrate.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!