Saturday, October 29, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED THIRTY-TWO OF VEGAN COOKING COURSE

 I am back working on my vegan cooking course. If you are paying attention, there are a bunch of numbers missing on my title count. During my Staycation, I did not write the count of what day I was on for the cooking course when I made all those cheeses.

Today I started the Vegan Raw Desserts chapter. It is set up differently than the other chapters. The other chapters give you an overview and then a break down of different recipes with corresponding videos showing you how to make them. Some are even dishes or meals with all the steps laid out. 

This chapter has a few recipes but they are only on the video. There is no corresponding written recipe with the video. There is a handout that has some recipes but also different ideas. Example: mini cake can be made with pecans or hazelnuts. It can be topped with caramel, fruit jam, or glazed. It can be filled with jam, caramel, compote. You get the picture? They give me many options rather than one recipe to follow. 

I wanted to start out slow so I made Dark Chocolate Mini Cakes with Caramel Drizzle. It would have been really good had I had vanilla ice cream. It tastes like an amazing brownie with decadent caramel on top. It was fun to make and now I have more confidence to make another dessert. 






I had a very lovely phone call from a friend, took Lucky for a walk, took a bath, and watched TV. Oh and I deleted a ton of old email!! Clean out the clutter. 

Until tomorrow...





1 comment:

  1. I am fearful when Sheryl talks about cleaning out her trash.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!