Friday, October 14, 2022

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES FOR THE NEIGHBORS

Another week has ended with me keeping the boundary between work and non-work. My work stays in my office and the rest of the space is no work space. It has really been freeing. At 5pm (or there about) I walk out of  my office and work is done. I used to work until the wee hours in the morning and on the weekends. Now I only work on the weekend if I have a deadline or if it is an emergency. 

Today was week three of Fall Fridays! I woke up and baked a batch of cookies to give away. I have these cookie mixes that used to be vegan but after I bought them I noticed they no longer are vegan because the company now makes them with nonfat milk. Many companies have started sneaking milk into their dry products. Of course I can't return the mixes so I decided to make them for my non-vegan friends and neighbors. What else can I do? I don't want to throw the mixes away. That is a waste. I make the mixes with vegan butter and apple sauce instead of butter and eggs. You would never know the difference. I get rave reviews even from my dog walkers daughter and she hates sweets! 

After making cookies, I hung out doing things around the house until my 2 pm meeting. Yes, I had a work meeting. It was the coaching session with a client. But it turned out amazing because I am most likely going to be hired as her companies consultant. I find out next week. Contract has been sent over. So it was worth it.

I have a list of things to do this weekend. I am going to sleep. 

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!