Wednesday, October 19, 2022

ANOTHER TRIP TO THE VETERINARIAN

 I had another day that didn’t go as expected. I started out working. 

Then after lunch I called to get the lab results for Lucky. The doctor asked how she was doing. I told her that Lucky was fine last night and this morning but now she is like a rag doll. Usually Lucky follows me everywhere but she just sleeps.  The doctor said the labs were great. Nothing was concerning. Even the things they have been watching were either the same or better. The are still saying they think it was a case of either dehydration or when she vomited she caused herself to get overwhelmed and she fell over.  I still think it is the medicine she takes. I convinced them to let me stop the medicine,  I think is causing it, for the time being. Then we can see if that is the cause.  

Thé doctor said that Lucky was much better today than yesterday. She was much more « feisty » which is a good sign. She actually barked today for the first time in days. They gave her more fluids and nausea meds.  When she got home she ate food, played her treat game, and went for a short walk.  Let’s hope she is on the road to recovery. I cried an ugly cry this morning because I was scared. I don’t want her to be in pain. 

That was my day.

Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. I am a master of good ugly cries. I hope you feel better. You deserved a good cry.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!