Saturday, October 3, 2015

DAY THIRTY-THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 33.  Today I took three pictures down to be framed.  I have some wall space that is empty and I thought I would finally take some pictures that I have and get them professionally framed.  One picture is a photo that my brother and sister-in-law gave me for my birthday last year.  It is of the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows, NY from the 1964-5 World's Fair.

Another picture is of a historical drawing of San Francisco.  I am not sure where I got it but it is pretty neat.  I have had it forever.  I am getting it framed for my kitchen.  My kitchen currently has no pictures in it.  I think it will look pretty neat.  Since I have a huge skylight I had to get the special non-glare glass that costs a fortune.  Either that or it would be faded in a year.  All my cookbooks are so faded on the spine.

Another picture is not a picture but a cool idea I saw at a friends house.  I found the listing of my house from two sellers ago.  I also have my listing.  I am putting them both in a frame together.  My house has only been owned by four people so it is really interesting to see the cost from the first owner to now.

I also bought a map that I am going to put in a frame.  I spoke to the woman and she said if I bought a cheaper frame, she would adhere it to foam board for me and put it in my cheaper frame.  I am excited about this.

I have to dig out my friend Galen's art and maybe I will frame another piece.  He was so talented.  It still saddens me that he died so young.  AIDS wiped out a generation of artists and such talented people.

Although getting pictures framed is not particularly working on my office, it is working on the overall aesthetic of the house which includes the office.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!