Tuesday, October 13, 2015

DAY FORTY-THREE OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 43. For month two I am supposed to be working on my office.  The main part was to be moving my office from it's current location to what I call the green room.  This move has been hampered by the phone company's inability to move my office phone jack to the green room.  If I didn't have a landline, I could not have an office.  My cellphone is not good enough for an office since I have long phone calls and do interviews.  It is hard to do an interview with a cellphone. 

This is my third appointment with the phone company.  The first time they needed me to move a large bookshelf.  The second time the tech said it was impossible since he could not find the correct wire.  He said maybe if I cut a hole in the dry wall and found the wiring behind the phone box.  He then disconnected a wire to my alarm system, thereby disarming my alarm.  

I made a large hole in the wall before the tech showed up today.  I had to go out and buy a little saw thing to cut through dry wall and it took me about 30 minutes to saw through to make a hole.

Today I got the first tech back again and he made it all right.  He fixed the wiring to my alarm system and made it work again.  Then he worked to make the green room jack work.  My hole in the wall was not big enough and tech began making holes to find the area he needed.  I asked the construction guys across the street to come and saw a bigger hole.  It took him less than 5 minutes to make a very neat hole so the wires were exposed. 


 He found the right wire and boom! the jack worked.  I now have a jack and I can use a 2 line phone if I want.  Next I have the internet folks coming to move the wifi.  Then I can start moving furniture.  Yeah!

This makes me so happy.  I was beginning to think it was never going to happen.  I am not sure how I want to set things up but I know I want to make the change.  It will also make me get organized in my new space.  Yeah!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!