Saturday, October 10, 2015

DAY FORTY OF THE HAPPINESS PROJECT

Day 40.  Today I went to a wedding.  Two neighbors got married.  I have been deciding what to wear for weeks.  I finally settled on a dress that a friend gave me years ago.  I never fit in that dress but I tried it on and it now fits.  Only a person who loses a ton of weight knows what that feels like.  To be able to fit in clothes you have no been able to fit in for 15 years or maybe never.  It is weird and exciting at the same time.  I had to try it on many times to convince myself I could wear a dress and that I could wear that dress.  I had to get over my insecurities.

The wedding was a lot of fun.  It was a moving ceremony with a lot of personal touches.  Harry Potter, Star Wars, castle cake, specially made suits/uniforms for the grooms, and funny and sentimental readings.   I had a special vegan meal and cake.  Since I was "The Vegan" I got the entire cake to take home.  It is really good and no one would have known it was vegan.  A bunch of guys wanted to dance with me and that was fun.  I finally took my high heeled shoes off and put my sneakers on.  Then I could dance!

The castle cake


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!