Friday, November 16, 2012

RETURNING PHONE CALLS

I am probably the worst person at returning phone calls.  I just hate returning phone calls.  I am not sure why.  I have a hard time even listening to the messages.  I get so busy that forget to check the answering machine until another phone call comes in and then the answering machine picks up on the second ring.  I can't get to answer the phone fast enough and that means I need to go into the kitchen to turn off the answering machine in order to talk to the person on the other end.  Then I get lazy and just let the machine pick up and listen to who is on the other end.

It's not that I don't want to talk to people, it's just that the whole phone thing is a pain.  First you have to look the person's phone number up.  Then you have to get the phone and dial.  Then comes the good part, the talking to the person.  But if they aren't home, you have to leave a message and then the person calls back.  Sometimes they call back at an inconvenient time and the process starts all over again.  Rinse and repeat!

Have you noticed that people don't leave their phone number anymore?  I find that people just assume you have caller ID and don't leave their phone number.  I hate that!  I don't have caller ID so I then have to look up the person's phone number to call them back.

On the flip side, I am really good at answering emails.  Usually I answer them very quickly.  Nothing to look up!  I guess email is the way to go to contact me!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!