Tuesday, November 27, 2012

REMEMBERING ENBREL

I have a problem remembering to take my Enbrel.  Okay I will tell the truth.  I have trouble remembering to take almost all my medications.  I want to take my medications (okay I will try to stop lying), I want to take most of all my medications.  I don't like to take the potassium because it doesn't taste well.  I don't like any of the medications that I have to drink. They make me nauseous.

I will remember to take the Enbrel out of the fridge early in the day but then forget later on when I need to take it out.  I get caught up doing work or watching TV and it slips my mind.

I was supposed to do my Enbrel shot last night but remembered to take the medication out of the fridge at midnight.  Too late to wait the 30 minutes for the medication to warm up and do the shot.

Tonight I remembered to take the shot out at 10:45pm.  Kinda late but I can still do it and get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

I used to have a system but then I stopped taking Enbrel when I had my surgery.   My system was to take the medication out of the fridge at the beginning of Grey's Anatomy and then do the shot at the end of Grey's Anatomy.  That way I had something to remind me to do the shot each week.

I have to create a new system.  Now my shot is done on a Tuesday so I have to pick another show.  I guess Parenthood will have to do.

Well, I am off to do my shot.  Got to get up early for physical therapy and we are expecting a gigantic storm so I am thrilled.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!