Monday, November 19, 2012

PREPPING FOR THANKSGIVING

Is everyone prepping for Thanksgiving?  I did my shopping on Sunday.  Okay, not all my shopping but all the stuff that I could get that would not spoil in the next few days.   I also forgot to get cranberry sauce.  Can you believe it?  Cranberry sauce!  What is Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce?

I have to pick up the rest on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Just a quick run to the store.  Okay we know it will not be a quick run but a slow walk through the store and checkout line.  

This year we are having a low key Thanksgiving.  No one over. Just us.  I am cooking an acorn squash with some wild rice stuffing, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mushroom gravy, green beans, salad, and apple crisp.  Enough food to last for days. Yum! Leftovers.  Brenda is having a Cornish hen.

What are you having for Thanksgiving?  Anything exciting?  Any family recipies?

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Cranberry sauce is super easy to make and it tastes so good fresh! Just buy a bag of fresh cranberries at the store. You add sugar (you can use Splenda to replace the sugar if you want) to taste--which means that you control the sweetness. I think the recipe on the back of the bag calls for a cup of sugar; I've always used half that amount. I like my sauce tangy!

    Anyway, it's worth a try, if you have the time (takes 10 minutes, tops). Here's wishing you and Brenda a wonderful Thanksgiving, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have almost a whole bag of cranberries so I will try to make cranberry sauce. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!