Saturday, August 31, 2013

TAKING CARE OF A FRIEND

Today I helped out a friend. We have a famous musician in our neighborhood. I helped ask him to perform at a celebration service. It was really only an introduction. After the introduction, the musician performed a short impromptu concert for us. He was so sweet. He played about five songs for us out on the sidewalk. Our own private concert.

Then my neighbor, who lost her husband recently, invited me over to her home. I stayed for a few hours looking at photos, reminiscing about old times in her life and talking with her sister.   It is heart wrenching that she lost her husband so unexpectantly and at such a young age.  I am glad I can be there for her.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!