Thursday, August 15, 2013

DENTINE HYPERSENSITIVITY

Happy news! I do not have a cavity or need a root canal!  I have dentine hypersensitivity.  According to Wikipedia, "dentine hypersensitivity is a sensation felt when the nerves inside the dentin of the teeth are exposed to the environment. The sensation can range from irritation all the way to intense, shooting pain. This sensitivity can be caused by several factors, including wear, decaying teeth or exposed tooth roots."

It seems I may be gritting or grinding my teeth during the day.  The gritting or grinding is irritating the roots of the tooth.  I need to reduce stress (uh, okay), be more aware of gritting and grinding during the day and use the Sensodyne toothpaste.  I consistently wear my night guard at night. If I didn't, my grinding wakes me up at night! 

This is a relief. I have my knee doctor appointment tomorrow and I was not happy with the thought of tooth surgery too.  I think the stress is from this knee situation.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Main cause of hypersensitivity is cavities around the teeth. It makes weak our gum to hold teeth.

    Aaron |
    Mobile Massage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relieved that you don't have to spend any expensive and extensive time in the dentist's chair, Adrienne.Good luck with the knee... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!