Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Over - Play That Horn (#NHBPM Day 30)

Yippee!  It's Over! 

The 30 blogs in 30 days challenge was really hard for me.  Writing so many blogs was quite challenging.  Sure, I had a hard time keeping up with blogging each day but the harder part for me was coming up with so many things to say.  I don't think I am that much of an interesting person or have that much of an interesting life.  It helped that we were given topics to write about but some of the topics were just plain weird.  I mean really hard to write about.  Some nights it took more than one and one-half hours to write my piece because I had to think about it and write some, delete it and then write some more.  I would look at the topic the night before so I could think about it all day.

Some of the posts I just didn't do what the assignment suggested because I just couldn't do it.  "Title of my own book."  "The future of online activism."  "My Personal Brand."  "Elevator blog." Come on!  What would be the title of my book?  The Life of a Lady with 2 Crazy Dogs.  Luckily my niece was born in the middle of this task and that gave me other things to write about.   The easiest three blog assignments were "Three Truths and a Lie", "The Fear of Hitting Publish" and this one.  Today I am supposed to be writing three things I love about myself or that I am great at.  Okay, here goes:
  1. I am really good at my job.  I have a stringent ethical line which makes me really good at being an HR consultant.
  2. I have patience.  When we adopted Lucky anyone else would have given her back in a week.  I have enormous patience to deal with things when I know the other person/animal/etc. has no ability to control it.  I have less patience when the person/animal/etc. does stupid things.  Example: holding and talking on a cellphone while trying to park a car in a parking lot.  Just drives me crazy! There are so many examples of stupidity that I could fill a blog!
  3. I can see the good side in things, the humor in things (okay maybe the sarcastic humor but still humor), and the the bright side in things.  I used to be more of a glass half empty person and then I got sick. Now I try very hard to be more of a glass is full kind of person.  Yes, my foot hurts but I have a foot.  Yes, my eye is swollen but I can still see out of it and it doesn't hurt as much as my foot!!  Ha ha!
There you go the last assignment is complete.  I don't know what this means for my blog.  I thought I would be able to keep this up without much effort and that didn't happen.  I think I will try to keep up writing every day but without the assignments and see if I can keep it up.  I find it easier when I just write from my head. Although I am not sure the posts are as interesting...

So tell me, was this exercise interesting for you as a reader?  Did you find the topics interesting?  Did you find out more about me? about anything?  Did you enjoy it at all?  What was your favorite blog topic in the last 30 days?  Should I continue with the same types of topics occasionally?  Let me hear from you.  I am interested in your feedback.  Thanks for your comments in the last 30 days.  They certainly kept me going.  Thanks!!

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your daily posts. Every morning (or in the middle of the night even) I looked forward to seeing a new post email in my inbox. Some of the suggested topics were a bit strange, but you made them fun and interesting. Congratulations on a successful month of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess that I am not sure I would have had the courage to sign on for that challenge :-) I do enjoy blogging as well but to have to do it every single day...well...I would have just run out of steam. I have enjoyed reading your blog and others that have ventured into this challenge and give you a high five for accomplishing it! I like your book title!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!