Monday, November 7, 2011

Case Of The Mondays (#NHBPM Day 7)

This blog post is really hard for me.  The topic today is to write about something that gets me down, burns me out or makes me sad.  I guess one thing that is hard is when I have a Crohn's attack for an extended time.  Last spring I had an attack that lasted for 2 months.  It just wears me out.  The multiple trips to the bathroom each day.  And they are not quick trips to the bathroom either!  Luckily my dogs come in to visit me because they miss me.  Then there is the fatigue from the constant bathroom visits and horrible eating.  I just want to curl up on the couch.  The food situation is crazy!  I can only eat a few things.  Here is a list: baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, white rice, french fries, tater tots, toast, and sorbet.  Sounds delicious but day in and day out it gets boring.  How many days can rice seem interesting and nutritious?

The best way to keep a Crohn's attack from happening is to stick to the diet plan and eat what I know will keep me healthy.  Also to take my medicine.  I try, I really do!  But sometimes I want to go out to eat and have PF Changs.  It is my downfall.  Yummy fried tofu in a delicious sauce.  I am drooling just thinking about it.  So if I stick to my food plan and take my meds, I will stay healthy and not too many trips to the bathroom.  Yay!  That is the best blog I can write on this subject.  This was really hard!

What gets you down?  What burns you out?  What makes you sad?  Tell me about it and tell me how you turn it around. 

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!