Friday, November 4, 2011

The Fear of Hitting "Publish" (#NHBPM Day 4)


The topic today is "What happens when you press "publish"?  I know that the minute I press publish, I have a momentary panic.  I have a fear that I have sent a blog post to a bunch of people (some I know and some I don't) that doesn't have the correct photo or the words spelled correctly!  I preview the post many times before I press publish.

I worry will they like it?  Will it be funny?  Will it be informative? Am I whining?  Will it be too gross?  Will they get sick of hearing about my dogs?  Am I complaining too much?  Am I upbeat?

I probably spend too much time rereading and editing.  Sometimes I hit publish and then I find a mistake and go back and edit it.  I very rarely hit publish in a relaxed state.  I guess this is my desire for perfection.  My Type-A personality.

I do have to say that I am really happy writing this blog.  I have not regretted it for one minute.  No matter what, I will continue to write about my dogs!

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J 

3 comments:

  1. I think we all hesitate before the publish button. I have some posts sitting to be finished and I have no doubt one of these days I am going to publish the wrong one :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go right ahead and write about your dogs! Personally, I love reading what people have to say about their pets AND about themselves. I've enjoyed all your posts so far. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wren and Deb! It is good to hear other people have the same fear when the push the BUTTON. I am happy others like to hear about my pups. They have had such an awful medical time of it this year. I can't help but feel bad for them! Thanks for the comments! Good to hear someone is out there...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!