Sunday, November 6, 2011

If I Could Do Anything As A Health Activist… (#NHBPM Day 6)

If I could do anything as a health activist and money was not an issue, I would cut back the hours I spend with my company and spend my time working toward a cure for RA/Crohn's.  I know that is a lofty goal but hey, if I can't dream big here on my blog, where can I dream?  So, I am rich and I don't have to work.  I would get more involved with fundraising for RA/Crohn's.  Because one thing I know is that it is easier to fundraise in a big way when you have money!  I would also have access to people who make a difference.  I would be able to talk to the politicians who make the decisions.

Darn, now I have to bring it back to reality.  I liked being rich.  I was so relaxed not having to worry about my health insurance for just a few minutes.  Sigh...  Okay, what can I commit to in one year?  I will continue to be an Arthritis Ambassador for the Arthritis Foundation.  I find the time commitment to be reasonable and I find the work satisfying.  I hope to attend the Advocacy Summit in Washington, DC this spring.  I will try to fundraise and participate in the Arthritis Walk this year.  Maybe I can get some folks to walk with me.  Anyway, those are my thoughts about what I would do as a Health Activist.

What would you do if you could do anything as a health activist?  What if money was no object?

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!