Sunday, November 13, 2011

Open A Book (#NHBPM Day 13)

Today the instruction is to open a book and point to a passage and write about that passage for 10 minutes and post without editing.  I chose the book Coffee Will Make You Black.  I opened the book to page 102 and pointed to the passage "I sat alone in the kitchen with a glass of milk and a handful of Oreo cookies, thinking about what happened."

I have not read this book so I don't  know what this passage is in reference to.  The person obviously likes Oreo cookies so we have something in common.  Who doesn't like to sit and eat Oreo cookies?  I especially like (or should I say lust after) the Double Stuff Oreo cookies.  I am so bad that I take two Oreo cookies and open them up and eat one chocolate disk and put the two double stuff insides together and eat a quadruple stuff Oreo cookie.  I am not a dunker.  I don't drink milk so dunking is out of the question.

The person is sitting and thinking.  What is she thinking about?  What happened?  Is he thinking about his day with some Oreos?  Are they lovers who broke up?  What do I think about with Oreos?  I eat Oreos while I watch TV.  Mostly while I watch Biggest Loser.  I can't help but eat Oreos while I watch the Biggest Loser, the show makes me hungry.  I want to exercise, like they keep encouraging me during the breaks, but I can't.  I just want to eat!  Kinda sick.  All these overweight people and all I want to do is eat cookies.

I guess in the end I will sit alone eating Oreo Double Stuff cookies.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J   

2 comments:

  1. I use to eat oreo cookies but not anymore. I am the youngest of four. Needless to say I would get the pits from the cherry bag and the empty cellophane package from the Oreo cookies. Now I eat oatmeal cookies. And I usually don't have to worry about them all being eaten :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny! I just made chocolate chip cookies...yum.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!