Thursday, November 10, 2011

What Makes Me Happy (#NHBPM Day 10)

Happi sunning herself by adrienne
What makes me happy?  My pets make me happy.  Watching my dogs run around our backyard makes me smile.  Happi has three legs and nothing slows her down.  She runs around as fast as she can.  She loves to hunt birds, the neighbor's cat and mice in the backyard. I know you won't believe it but she smiles all the time.  Happi loves to chase Lucky round and round in the backyard.  It is only time until one of them falls into the pond.

Lucky is so excited all the time and everything seems so new to her.  Her tail wags so much that her whole back end shakes and wiggles.  Sometimes she does this Cirque du Soleil move that cracks me up.  It makes you laugh just looking at her.

Backyard (aka Indy 500 track for the dogs) by adrienne
Sometimes I like to go outside and watch the fish swimming in the pond.  A few months ago we got some new baby fish and now they are about 3-4 inches long.  It is exciting to see them grow.  They are so cute swimming around in the pond. The babies growing make me smile.

Sunny singing by adrienne
Listening to my bird Sunshine (Sunny) singing in his cage makes me happy.  He likes to say "pretty bird".  I love to hear him whistle and sing during the day.  He also climbs around his cage and when he wants attention, he climbs upside down on the ceiling of his cage.

That is one of the great things about animals, they are happy all the time.  They just want to have a great time and be there for you.  When I am down or just want a laugh, all I need to do is look at my babies.  They never let me down.  What makes me happy?  My babies just being themselves.

What makes you happy?  Share with us the things that make you happy.

I told you I would spill the beans about which things were the truths and what was the lie.
a) I have a tattoo of a butterfly and a rose.
b) I used to cross stitch but have not been able to lately.
c) I never took the LSATs.  I took the GMATs and did horribly.  I never wanted to go to law school but people said I should be a lawyer.  This is the lie.
d) I was the photo editor of my college newspaper and that story was true.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J   

1 comment:

  1. My animal buddies make me smile and give me so much joy, Adrienne--I'm right with you on this one. And not only that: The memory of my beasties who've gone on to the stars also make me smile. Thanks for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!