Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Health Activist Choice (#NHBPM Day 23)

Today's post is Health Activist Choice. We can write about whatever we want!  So I have decided to write about what I am thankful for.  Seems appropriate considering tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for:
  • my family
  • my friends
  • my pets who love me unconditionally
  • my health (you may think this sounds weird but I am thankful my health situation is not worse.  It can always get worse...)
  • my work.  I love working for myself even if it means I will not get financially rich!
Tomorrow we are having what we call "orphan's Thanksgiving".  That is when our friends who have nowhere else to go and no family in the area come to our house to celebrate.  We have three folks coming to celebrate.  It should be fun.  The neighbors on our block have a tradition where we come out at 2 pm to toast each other.  We gather in the street with a glass of wine or whatever and toast to what we are thankful for.  Then, of course, we watch FOOTBALL!

We are serving Cornish hens and I am having a stuffed acorn squash with all the regular sides.  I am hungry just thinking about it.  I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.  Write in and tell me what you are thankful for.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for many,many things. At the top of the list today is that my daughter is cooking the Thanksgiving Feast this year :-) She is a wonderful twenty year old cook. We are doing roasted chicken with all the other traditional fixings for this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your dinner was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!