Monday, June 5, 2023

REBUILD DAY 4

 First thing this morning the builders were back. Today they worked on the shingles and the flashing. I don't really see much done but they were cutting things all day. I have been warned Monday is the day the stairs will be taken down to be replaced. We have 1.5 weeks before the builder goes on vacation so we have to really work to get as much completed before he leaves. 

I also had my handyman here too. It was a busy day with a lot of testosterone everywhere. My handyman patched and painted some cracks in the ceiling (earthquakes make cracks), splits in my wainscotting in the bathroom, fixed the new chair that arrived broken, and fixed the spot in the guest room that had a small water leak.  He also sanded a cabinet that stuck, figured out that the timer on my front lights died and figured out my dishwasher does not have a food trap (is that what it is called?). I am sure he did some other things but he was super busy. 

It was a miracle that I got so much work done with all the guys working in my home. I sent Lucky to the park so that was one less thing to worry about. I don't know how many more times she will be able to go to the park with the dogs. She is slowing down again. Hills are getting harder for her and I don't like to keep her drugged up all the time to keep away the pain. When the time comes, I will know and do the right thing by her.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!