Sunday, June 11, 2023

FIRST DAY OF VOLUNTEERING

 No word on the brain MRI. 

I got up this morning to for my first day of volunteering. I have spoken before about flagging. Flagging is simple. People gather somewhere, play music and twirl these special flags to the music. The twirling of the flags takes a little practice. 

Today was my first day as a volunteer with the flagging group. I was to show up early and help set up. Easy.  I got there on-time and found a parking spot within reason. I reported for duty. There was very little for me to do. I helped empty a car, go get trash/recycling cans, lay out the extra flags, put trash bags in the cans, and stand around. Since I don't really flag, I took photos. I took a lot of photos. 

One of my goals was to meet people. Many of my friends have moved away in the past 4-5 years and I love them dearly but they aren't here to do things with.  I need some people to go to the movies with or play a board game with. I met some people that were very nice. I hope that since I am now committed to going each time, I will see them again. 

It was a lovely day and the music was great. My old neighbor/friend was there and he was awful sweet to me. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!