Sunday, June 25, 2023

PRIDE DAY 2023

I decided early on not to go to Pride this year. I stayed home and cleared out piles of "crap" from the past three years. I went through mounds of papers and was left with just a few. I put those few away and recycled the rest. I can see a portion of my counter top that I haven't seen in years. 


Lucky showing her Pride! 

Then I went to the supermarket. Yes, the supermarket. I figured since everyone was celebrating Pride the store would be almost empty. I was almost right. For a Sunday pre-COVID, the store seemed very empty. I was not the only person wearing a mask. I got the items I needed and left. I had to use my 6 coupons for the peanut butter before the end of the month. Each coupon was for $7.00 so I wasn't letting that go to waste. Plus the peanut butter was on sale! While I was there I also got Pam grilling spray. For some reason I was not able to get it through home delivery. 

It is the GLBT film week so I have been watching a few movies. I watched two on Saturday. One of them was really good Big Boys. It's about a kid who is a bit overweight and awkward who goes on a camping trip with family and gets a crush on his cousin's fiance (who is also a bigger guy). It was sweet. 

Then I watched The Mattachine Family about a same-sex couple who fosters a kid. They end up loosing the kid who goes back with his mother. It shows what happens in the aftermath. As you can image that movie really hit home with me. It makes me want to foster again. 

Today I watched a movie about a kid who is androgynous and they have a hard time making friends. They make a friend but is he the best person to be friends with? It was Before I Change My Mind. 

Then I made dinner for me and cooked for the next couple of days. I made Shawarma Encrusted Roasted Cauliflower. It is phenomenal and pretty easy to make. I got the recipe from, believe it or not, People Magazine. 
Well, that is my day. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. oh I love Cauliflower and that looks very good. When I was first Dx'd with diabetes, raw cauliflower was my only snack. I took a liking to it. Even today I still love Cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!