Friday, June 16, 2023

BONE DENSITY SCAN

I got up early this morning to go get my bone density scan. Earlier this week the woman called me to remind me of my appointment and give me specific instructions so "I didn't get lost". I am wondering if there is a mark on my digital file that now reads "gets lost easily". 

I made it to the appointment early with the aid of the wonderful directions. The bone scan is a painless test where you lie down and a machine runs over you. It is about 2' above you. Super easy. My whole process took 30 minutes and that included filling out a form and going to the loo. 

I was told the results would take a day but 2 hours later I had the report. I guess it was not a busy day. No shock, I have osteoporosis. Between having osteopenia after my last bone density test, going through menopause, and being on steroids for about 15 years, I expected it. I am not happy about it but I expected it. 

Once I got home I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes before I had to head out to acupuncture. This acupuncture appointment was great. I have been so stressed and tired that once she put the needles in I fell asleep. Face down on the table with needles in me and I was asleep and drooling. The sleep was fantastic. Deep and relaxing. 

When I arrived home I had this list of things to do and instead I just wanted to rest. Then I got hungry and did my evening meditation.  

I wrote an email to my family about the MCI situation trying to explain what is going on. It was getting harder to hold this information and not tell people. Especially when I have problems remembering things like who I have told and who I haven't. This way I could control the narrative. 

I am exhausted and need to go to sleep. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. A person close to me was DX'd this past year. I am told the medicine is not terrible. They have found good results so far with increased stamina. That is likely a placebo effect, but this person feels good about things.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!