Wednesday, June 21, 2023

MBSR COURSE #3

 I woke up really early to meet this guy I met at my old tai chi class, to do tai chi. I met him in a park at 7:30 am to do tai chi. He is willing to teach me for free. He just likes teaching people. He is 83 years old! 

He was very patient with me since I have limited capacity to remember the steps. He just showed me the first two steps. The reason tai chi is difficult is because there are different types and different lengths and different number of movements. He does the 128 movement alone but does the 64 movement with me. Or should I say the two movement tai chi since that is all we did. I met another person who he taught and they do the long version on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I met him before her class. Turns out she has dementia and is doing tai chi for memory and exercise. I may go more often. Let's see.

Tonight I had my third MBSR class. We did lying down yoga as well as other things. I could only do so much because my hands can't grasp things. We had to grasp our legs and knees for a long time. That is when I "tap out". The pain in my hands is enormous. It is not for me. I did the rest of the lying down yoga that didn't include hands. 

I started putting Lucky in the doggie stroller. I think she needs to get used to it. Her arthritis is getting so bad in her back legs. Here is a photo: 

She is such a good girl. She just sat down and let me push her around. We need to keep testing before I trust her. I put my previous dog Happy in it once and she leapt out in the middle of the street and almost choked herself. Don't want that to happen with Lucky. She does look cute though, doesn't she? 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Would love to hear what you have to say!