Thursday, December 1, 2022

MISSING A FRIEND

 The landscaper came by to double check everything. I put a string around where I thought the pavers should go. It was helpful so we are now on the same page. He gave me an estimate and we agreed on a start date. He said it could be done by Christmas but I looked at the weather report and I think that is optimistic. I think by New Year's is more realistic. 

Lucky's new coat:


 Today reminds me of a friend that passed away. His name is Joe and he was a very good friend. Unfortunately he got a brain tumor and died at a young age. Today would have been his birthday. He found out he had a brain tumor during 9/11 when he was in Russia.  He fainted and he didn't know why. Because of the flight bans, he was stuck in Russia for many days. He saw a doctor in Russia but the medical system is not as advanced as the USA. He was told things were bad but he didn't know how bad until he got back the USA. He didn't live much more than 1.5 years from that diagnosis. I miss him to this day. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Lucky is looking pretty sharp. I am so sorry for your loss, and our (the worlds) loss.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!