Saturday, December 3, 2022

DO YOU HAVE A CAR HUSBAND?

 Today I made the decision that starting in 2023 I am going to a four-day work week. I have been on a trial for the past few months and I quite enjoy it. I feel more productive and like having one day to do administrative tasks. I do handle emergencies if they come up and if I am working on special project, I have time to work on it uninterrupted.

As a favor, my neighbor came by to check my oil and antifreeze. He works on old cars. He said my oil and water were low. I have no fluids at my house because I always go to my "car husband". A car husband is a bit like a "work husband". My car husband works at my dealership and is my friend. I have known him for way too many years (hint: this car is 20 years old and I had another car before this one) and he has always checked my oil and antifreeze and put air in my tires. I know that sounds spoiled but if you had someone who (such as a car husband) who did these things for free, would you do them yourself? When my neighbor told me I needed to drive to a store and buy oil and antifreeze, I called my car husband and he said to drive over. He dealt with it in 15 minutes. Then he put air in my tires. I just stood there and chatted with him. I know spoiled. 

When I was younger I had a very inexpensive car and I did everything myself. I even bled my own brakes (with help). I was a wiz with duct tape! I feel like I did my time! 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I tired to get a car husband but Sheryl objected. She said if I wanted a husband of any kind she was departing. Well, that stopped that right away.

    I do like jenny at the dealership a lot. Turns out mentioning that means I can no longer go to the dealership. Now Sheryl has a car girlfriend.

    Wait, does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!