Tuesday, November 8, 2022

SAVED $250 TODAY

 I woke up early so I would be ready for the tree trimmer. I have a large white birch in my back yard and every couple of years it needs to be thinned and shaped. I have a tree guy who used to be a forest fire fighter come and cut it. His guys do a great job.  Anyway, I waited and waited and they didn’t come. It was raining on and off and I kind of thought they might not come but I got no phone call. I finally called and he said didn’t you get my message? He left a message at some random house where some people are probably very confused. 

The tree guy ended up coming later to see the tree in the rain. He remembered the tree once he arrived. He wanted to charge me X to trim the tree and I said WHAT? You charged me Y last time. It was $200 less. So he said okay I’ll charge you Y. He is coming back on Thursday. 

I called the chimney sweep while I was on a roll. I also asked about their drier vent cleaning. He said he would charge me A. I said how about you charge me B. He said how about we meet in the middle?  Basically I saved $250 between the two services! 

It was such a cold and rainy day. Lucky stayed inside.

Until tomorrow…

2 comments:

  1. Wow I could have used you at the bargaining table when I used to do that for a living. Wait, were you sitting across from me in Marion IN? Did you get the extra $33 per year on those custodian salaries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you I am a great at getting my way. :)

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!