Thursday, November 17, 2022

DAYS NOT GOING AS PLANNED

Some days do not go as you plan. I had an interview for a gig today. First my video conference had no audio so I restarted while the people waited then I tried dialing in with my phone and both the computer and the phone had audio. Finally I had audio but once the interview started I kind of wished it didn't. The people didn't have clear questions and were fishing for answers. It was clear I was not the right person. 

That evening I was on the phone with a long-time associate and we got talking. Turns out he needs a project manager and I can do the work. He was coming up with projects while we were on the phone. He said he asked his old project manager a question and hadn't heard back for weeks. What? His list is my gain. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, when I used to ask my PM a question I admired those who made sure I had it in time to resolve my issue or concern before I had to ask again. Those I asked again, were guaranteed that they would find a new place to be a PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to get people the answer to their questions. He seems happy so far.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!