Monday, April 13, 2020

REMEMBERING HAPPI TODAY

It has been one month since Happi passed.  The house is so quiet and so lonely without her.  I still expect to see or hear her.  It is almost a shock to see her bed and not see her in it.  The vet's office called to say the box with her ashes are ready for pick up but that will have to wait.  I really would like to have them.  It is right what people say, it is hard to really grieve without a funeral or the ashes or something.  I feel like she was here and then gone and...nothing.  I have no ashes to scatter like I did with Taiko and no box to put on the mantel.

I can not image what people all over the world are going through when their loved ones are dying.  Happi was my furry family and I am having a hard time.  Not being able to have the customary funeral or sitting shiva or scattering ashes or having a memorial/wake or going to have a beer in someone's honor somehow makes it all so not normal and not right.  Just hollow.  Like the person is not being honored.  It makes me sad.

Just remembering Happi today.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!