Wednesday, April 15, 2020

HOTEL BILL BATTLE IS OVER

My battle with the hotel I stayed at in Florida is finally over.  To bring you up to speed, I stayed in a hotel that I paid for through a third-party company.  When I got to the hotel, the hotel also charged me for my stay.  I argued with the hotel during my stay and got the money refunded.  Then again during my stay, I was charged again and got it credited.  The morning I checked out, once again, I was charged for but for one night.  I argued with the hotel and got it credited right away.  When I got home and I got a notification on my phone that I was once again charged for one night.  This time I called the credit card company.  I was done dealing with the hotel.  I got a credit almost right away.  Then a month later I got another charge on my credit card (interestingly with the original date over a month later).  I called the credit card company again and I got a credit.  Then a month later I got another charge (also for the original date now two months later) and I called the credit card company and got another credit.  I got my credit card bill this month and finally no charge!  I think this nightmare is finally over.

It was a very nice hotel and the staff was very nice.  It was in a very convenient location.  I think I would stay there again but I would not use a third-party company or at least that third-party company.

I had a tele-appointment with my gut doctor today.  She agreed with my RA doctor that I stay in the house until a vaccine comes out.  She thinks I am a prime candidate for an antibody test since I am so susceptible.  The question is 1) was my Covid-19 test accurate, 2) was it a false negative, or 3) did I get one of the newer faster tests and that is why my test was returned in two days when I was told it would take 4-7 days.  Other people who were tested the same time as me waited five to seven days and the woman who called me said she "never had a test return so fast."   So I really want to get an antibody test to be sure. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!