Monday, April 20, 2020

DAY 38 WORK PROJECT

Day 38 since I have left the house

More of my lost mail showed up today.  One piece was a magazine that I pay for so that made me so happy.

I spent almost all day working on a work project since the deadline was today.  I fooled around too much last week and left it so I had to rush at the end.  I usually don't do that but this is a difficult time.  I get stuck watching news reports and reading news stories.  I talk to friends and family in the middle of the day.  I text with friends at all hours.  I have a need to feel connected.  I know some people feel overwhelmed by all the connection but I am not one of them.

I haven't left my house in 38 days.  I don't know what the outside world looks like except what I have seen on the news.  I haven't seen neighbors except for the few that I have seen from my doorway when they stand at the bottom of my stairs.  I haven't had the "shopping" experience since this shelter-in-place started.  I see the postman more than anyone else when he drops off and takes my mail.  Yes, it is my choice.  I could choose to go outside and risk my health.  But I feel I don't have a choice.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!