Tuesday, April 7, 2020

DO I TAKE ORENCIA OR NOT?

Back when I got sick the week of March 16th, I stopped my Orencia since I started antibiotics.  I have been off the antibiotics for a few weeks now but I still have a bit of a cough.  Plus Covid-19 is rampant everywhere.  Taking Orencia would make me even more susceptible to getting Covid-19 or pneumonia again.

Today I decided to email my RA doctor and ask him his opinion.  Yesterday I contacted Bristol-Meyers Squibb and they could not give me an answer.  My doctor got back to me with an answer I was not expecting.  He agreed with me.  He said it was best if I held off taking Orencia for now since it did make me more susceptible for an infection and to wait to start it again until the Covid-19 infections decline.

So I will not be taking Orencia for the time being.  I would rather feel joint pain than Covid-19 or pneumonia.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!