Thursday, April 23, 2020

DAY 41 CONDOLENCE CARD

Day 41 since I have left the house

I cried again today.  I got a card and opened it.  It was a condolence card from an Animal Aid Society.  My vet made a donation in the memory of Happi  to the Animal Aid Society.  They wrote a very nice sentiment "Please know that you and Happi are in our thoughts".  I was so pleasantly surprised, it made me cry a little.

I have been trying to get Lucky to learn to "come".  She used to be very good at it but during the last year she has been a bit neglected while Happi needed so much of my time.  She sometimes just stares at me when I tell her to come if she doesn't want to come.  I am spending time while the shelter-in-place to retrain Lucky.  She loves to do a good job so she makes for a good dog to train.  As long as I have treats!  The behaviorist told me years ago that Lucky loves positive attention more than anything.  She just loves to be loved. When the dog walker reaches in his pocket she makes a beeline to sit at attention in front of him.  She knows the rules!

I will be honest healthwise.  I have had a tiny sore throat for the last two days.  I think it is from allergies but like everyone, I am a bit paranoid even though I haven't gone outside or been near another person for 41 days.  I am so careful with packages and mail.  I bring in a package or mail with gloves and leave them to sit for 24 hours or 72 hours depending on what they are packaged in.  I am super careful but it still makes me nervous.

I remember when I went to the ER and the doctor's were suspect that I was even sick because I didn't have a fever but now I am reading that many patients with Covid-19 do not have a fever.  Plus I don't get fevers because of the medications I am on suppress fevers.  But I remember arguing with the ER doctor about the fact that I didn't have a fever.  I even told him to call my primary doctor for confirmation.  Anyway it is interesting to read about it now.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!