Thursday, April 2, 2020

DNA TEST RESULTS

Today was an interesting day.  I had to wake up early, be showered and ready to go early.  I had my clients package and an Amazon package delivered by 9:30am.  Yes, my toothpaste was delivered.  I am not out of toothpaste yet but I am anticipating outages of certain items and it is better to buy before I run out.  I have one tube left.  I am waiting for antiperspirant to arrive in a few days.  Who knows how long I will be staying in my house?

The I had a tele-doctor appointment with my Ob-Gyn.  Months ago I had a BRCA test done.  If you remember I could not do the spitting in the tube because I do not have enough spit.  They had to do a blood test instead.  Today I got the results.  They were what I have always said it would be; that I am high risk.  But it was really scary to hear it as actual results from a test.  I don't have the actual numbers, they are being sent to me.  I can only write what I remember. 

The test provides women with their remaining lifetime and 5-year risk for developing breast cancer. It confirmed that I am high risk for breast cancer.  It is no longer speculative.  It is confirmed.  The threshold is 20 on the lifetime test.  I am either a 32 or 36.  That means I have a 32% or 36% remaining lifetime risk for having breast cancer. 

Then there is a 5-year risk for breast cancer.  I have a 4% 5-year risk for breast cancer.  That is considered high-risk. 

Then my friend M came to visit.  It was a distance visit approved by my doctor.  My friend stood on the sidewalk at the bottom of my stairs and I sat on the top stair with a mask on.  We visited for an hour.  We talked about current events, work, movies, and, of course, coronavirus.  We made a date to watch a movie together with Netflix Party.

I had a new client sign a contract for work and another client sign a contract for more work.

In all it was a pretty interesting day.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!