Sunday, April 12, 2020

CHILI AND DENSE CORNBREAD

I decided to start working out today.  I rode the stationary bike for more than 3 miles today.  Prior to riding my stationary bike, I tried to fix the light fixture in the exercise area in the garage to no avail.  I changed the light bulbs but I think it is another part that needs to be replaced way above my pay grade.  So I will exercise in semi darkness.  I did manage to get to change the batteries in the stationary bike to get the programming working and I got Netflix working on the VERY OLD TV in the garage.  We are talking a TV from 1990.  It has a TV tube.  The sound is not great but who cares when I am working out on a stationary bike?

Then I made chili and corn bread.  The chili came out great!  I had a big bowl.  The corn bread, well, it was a bit dense and it didn't rise very much.  It still tasted like corn bread and I ate it but it wasn't that flaky corn bread I was looking for.  Since this is what I have and I am not going to waste it during a lock down, I ate it by soaking it in chili!  It tasted like cornbread and that is what counted.  I now have chili and cornbread for days.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!