Monday, April 6, 2020

REAL BRCA RESULTS

The postman came to get my mail today.  He was so sweet, he asked me if I was feeling better as he was wearing a gas mask.  This world has gotten so crazy. 

Another pouring rainy day.  Lucky went with the dog walker but only for a short time.  The rain started to come down and he brought her back home.  I wish I had taken a photo of Lucky wrapped in a towel, soaking wet looking so little.  She was smiling but not so happy she was so wet.  She wanted (in typical dog fashion) to jump up on the couch and the bed.  I had corral her and keep her on her own bed covered with a towel.

I got the report from the doctor from my BRCA test.  Now I have the actual results and not my horrible memory.
  1. I have an elevated hereditary cancer result.  
  2. I tested negative for any clinically significant mutations in the genes on the hereditary cancer panel.    My risk for hereditary cancer syndrome is lower but not ruled out.  I am still at an elevated risk of cancer based on my breast cancer score or my clinical history analysis.
  3. My Breast Cancer score for my remaining lifetime is a 32.2%.  Anything over a 20% is to be considered for modified medical management.  I am in the above average risk category.  The general population is a 10.3%. 
  4. Based on my History Analysis modified medical management is identified.
  5. My 5 year risk for breast cancer is a 4.9%.   
So that is the report.  Nothing I can do except keep on doing what I am doing.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!