Sunday, April 26, 2020

DAY 44 TAKING A TRAIN RIDE

Day 44 since I have left the house

Today's Windows screen saver is a train on a bridge going through a forest.  It is so beautiful.  I have always wanted to take a train ride through a forest.  I may have when we were kids during one of our many camping trips on an old fashioned train.  But I am talking about a modern train going fast traveling through miles and miles of forest.  I think there is a train like this in Canada and in Russia.  I think the one in Canada is probably more accessible for me to dream about.  I saw some clips of a train ride on one of those morning shows on TV.  My parents also did a train ride, I think.  I know I would fall asleep like a baby on a train.  Any continuous noise like an being on an airplane or ocean waves or rain makes me sleepy.  I have to drive if you want me to stay awake in a car.  It is my dream to take one of those train rides to see the countryside.

My friend M texted me while I was in the middle of my weekly SundayFunday Friends zoom to tell me that he found PEANUT BUTTER at the store.  The people on zoom thought I won the lottery by my expression.  It was creamy Jif peanut butter.  OMG!  He bought me two jars.  Hallelujah.  He also got me two more packets of muffins so I have something to spread that luscious, creamy peanut butter on.  M is the best!!  I am going to have peanut butter dreams!  I am almost done with the jar that I am using now and I only have two little jars left but now I have four jars!

I spoke on the phone with my step-sister for an hour.  We have gotten so close during this shut in.  This is probably one of the best things that has happened during this time.  I also spoke to my cousin for an hour.  We got closer in the past year.  We talk once a week.  It has been so wonderful having these connections during this shelter-in-place.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!